Author Topic: Vintage Gauntlet S  (Read 1458 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Vintage Gauntlet S
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »
Just dropped in a '95 6 color. In  clean, pristine condition for it's age. I'll be running btwn one and four colors on it. We have a lot of one color text designs for some of our pre-print lines and often I can set up four orders at a time before we open and they can bang out these by just turning heads on and off. Haven't had time to time the cycle but it runs faster than the loaders can keep up with. Registration is dead nuts and index is smooth like butter.
It will also be a designated sleeve, pocket, etc press as necessary. Takes an awesome burden off the rest of production. Best eight grand I ever spent with someone elses money.
Just had to share.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Vintage Gauntlet S
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 04:14:04 PM »
who does your press maintenance?  Just wondering.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
I think most shops would do well to have a little dinker on the side.

I wanted one but the compatibility between my main press and a Gauntlet
for screen size/image placement/accessories wouldn't allow it. Maybe next time....

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »
I have a full time maintenance guy in house and I pitch in, mainly with troubleshooting. He is also an accomplished cabinet maker and has built some awesome custom accessories for us over the ys including mixing tables, printers accessory stations, and a custom blockout table and color viewing booth. I'll post some pics from time to times.
All of our machines share the same accessories and image placement. Some just don't print as big or as many colors.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »
My first auto was an 8 color Gauntlet R series. I had to part company with it a few years ago. We never had any jobs that would run on it. (too many colors) I've always said, that thing ran GREAT. Even being air index, that sucker would fly. Maybe the physics of a small diameter, I don't. I'm just a printer. I sold it to a friend that's been running the heel out of since he got it. I still have visitation rights, as I will help with PM and the occassional emergency. Tony, I know how you feel having that machine there.

Are we still on for next Thursday?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 04:36:21 PM »
Sure thing. Lets touch base early nxt wk.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
welcome to the club! I have a "little dinker" too, but mine is a '94. still crankin away. It will be nice once we drop the 10 color in. Then we will do the sleeves and junk like you on the old guy. Runs like a champ after M&R set it up for me a few months back.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »
Homer, do you have a 10 color on order, or just the wish list?

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:09:23 PM »
M&R presses are the best! Just checked on a shop I worked with from 1990-2000, The two Challengers, an 8 and a 10, we installed in 1993 are still pumping out shirts daily. My guess would be those two presses combined have over 2.5 million impressions. My 2001 model Gauntlet just hit 1 million a couple of days ago. Maintenance is the key to press longevity, never overlook it.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 08:35:17 PM »
Homer, do you have a 10 color on order, or just the wish list?

no, we are actually moving forward, finally, the damn electrical in my new building put a stop to it last year when I wanted to get one. I've got the room. and yea. it's going to be an M&R.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
You called it Vintage.. bwahahaha!!

Love me some old machines. I work by an old late 80's 12 color challenger, the one with the swing around control panel.. it still does jumbo and all over prints almost weekly.
Its missing a few parts here and there and a few heads no longer work but it still runs 18 hr days 5 to 6 days a week.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:52:11 PM by jsheridan »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
Got one of those too.......cept it's fully functional all 14 heads.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »
We have a '94 S as our second machine to our MHM. Needs some simple repairs here and there, but fairly trusty...

steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't