Author Topic: Anybody here print posters?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Anybody here print posters?
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »
Anybody here print posters?  I've never printed on non-textiles before.  I have a few questions...
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anybody here print posters?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 03:02:59 PM »
I think Zoo does currently.

Plenty of us have in the past.

I'll start with, retard your inks and move quickly!

Fire away!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
I do from time to time.  PM me with your cell or email.  I'm busy as hell but can get with you on Sat or next week.

Offline relliott

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »
If you are still interested in talking about non-textile printing feel free to PM me. I do both, recently in my full time job I was tasked to take over the screen printing department at a metal fabrication company. I basically started in the non-textile printing from scratch, not knowing anything about the different inks and processes needed to print mainly on metal (raw unpainted, painted and powder coated) and some plastics. I have also done a small amount on coro-plast and paper/cardboard.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
Welcome Rich, glad you could join us. btw I got my feet wet on flat stock as well, but haven't touched a sign or poster since deciding to downsize and specialize in shirts back in the 90's.

One thing that I have always pushed on forums on which I participate, is to give as much information publicly as possible.
PM's and emails are great for emergencies, and getting board buddies through sticky situations, but when questions get asked and answered right here in the open, literally thousands of people can benefit.

So, Fresh Baked, it's on you. Ask away!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline relliott

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »
That won't be a problem!

I would like to share anything I have learned and learn what others have to offer. It is a whole different animal printing on non-textile substrates.

One thing I have found out it that you can not, once the ink goes on the screen, mess around. Plastisol can sit on the screen for a long time and still be able to print with little trouble, graphics ink is just the opposite.