Author Topic: Ulano Orange Emulsion?  (Read 2976 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Ulano Orange Emulsion?
« on: November 21, 2012, 02:17:36 PM »
Not sure if in correct topic..please feel free to move..(like you need my permission) haha!

HAs anyone tried this emulsion out yet?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Ulano Orange Emulsion?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:21:46 PM »
Just went thru a gallon and love it although I have not tried it with waterbased. Good stencil build even with a 1/1 round side coating. Fast exposure on my crappy 240 watt blacklight exposure unit, roughly 1:30-2:15 depending on mesh count. The only thing I dont like is that it is sometimes tough to see my centerline marks thru the screen to the pallet.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
Thanks

Right now i use the Textil PV emulsion from saatichem..Just like the qtx from ulano..just less $$...BUt one of my other suppliers is offering the Orange..

So its that Dark huh?  You know since you like it i'm going to give it a try..

Thanks

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
Its not that it is dark it is probably to light. It is just tough to see thru small lines and details.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »
There's a bit of info on an older thread here:  http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,3718.0.html

+1 Gerry on the lineup--found it was a bit more difficult lining multicolor up for sure. 
For whatever reason this stuff has worked better in the process here than any other PP, but in the end I went back to the dual cure.

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
Its not that it is dark it is probably to light. It is just tough to see thru small lines and details.

I agree about hard too see tried a quart, also i have found when it gets humid here in the summer i get more pin holes.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »
I've used 2 gallons and I just didn't like it.  What others have said about lining up wasn't an issue for us because of the regi system but I can see it being an issue on manual setups.  I don't think it really does anything poorly, but I prefer the Kiwo One Coat and Chromablue.  I think I wrote a little more detail in the previous thread about it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »
We're liking it a lot on the heavier meshes, great mesh bridging. Haven't heard any complaints from press operators, but haven't asked either.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
its humid here in the summer..pinholes are not our friend..LOL

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
There's a bit of info on an older thread here:  http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,3718.0.html

+1 Gerry on the lineup--found it was a bit more difficult lining multicolor up for sure. 
For whatever reason this stuff has worked better in the process here than any other PP, but in the end I went back to the dual cure.

thanks for the link..

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »
Liked it in the beginning but have switched back to our old PV and been trying out some water proof ones. We burned through about 15 gallons of it and just was not happy with it overall. Had trouble seeing if it was washed out on yellow mesh, hard to see reg marks on the press, lots of pin holes and found inconstant coating. Some days it would go on nice, others the screens would come out like crap, could just be me. I did like how fast we could dry it, shoot it, blow out the image and reclaim it. In the end it just created problems we were not having with other emulsions.