Author Topic: Workhorse Autos  (Read 1996 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Workhorse Autos
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:57:55 PM »
I see were workhorse has finally brought the Javelin up to date on the chopper system, so if you love the Javelin press but hated the v squeegee system, you no longer have worry about that.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Workhorse Autos
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »
And it only took them what...12 years to figure out the v-system was far inferior to the chopper style?  Glad they finally did it but damn, all those shops up north this time of year that have an old javelin or freedom wish they would have seen it many years ago.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »
Unfortunately, you can't use the flashback to its full potential, on the same head with the chopper system.

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
I wonder how much more dollars you have to spend for the chopper style
Unfortunately, you can't use the flashback to its full potential, on the same head with the chopper system.
you trying to say P/F/P on the same head?
what`s nice about the flashback is you do not have to sacrifice the next head for cooling
Gabe

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
what`s nice about the flashback is you do not have to sacrifice the next head for cooling
Gabe

Correct. You can't p/f/p on the same head with the chopper.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 07:40:33 AM »
I love the v squeegee and would never change.  You have to know how to use the tools you have in order to be a success.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
Gabe

This is partially correct. An old style flashback will not work with choppers, but the choppers will work with the new flashback design.

So anyone wanting to upgrade an older press will also need new flashes.

On the plus side, flashbacks (from my experience) hold a fair value and sell quick on the used market.
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »
I love the v squeegee and would never change.  You have to know how to use the tools you have in order to be a success.

I agree and disagree.  the best part about chopper squeegees is they are usually interchangeable.  making moves between brands easier.  Same thing as platens.

Also, MHM dropped the v squeegees years ago, choppers are a better design overall.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 06:55:32 PM »
Gabe

This is partially correct. An old style flashback will not work with choppers, but the choppers will work with the new flashback design.

So anyone wanting to upgrade an older press will also need new flashes.

On the plus side, flashbacks (from my experience) hold a fair value and sell quick on the used market.

Oh, I didn't know the new ones worked with it. I figured there was an issue with the chopper system getting a full print stroke on the head with the flashback, do to the way it's mounted.