Author Topic: Gloves are off...Anatol  (Read 8326 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Gloves are off...Anatol
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »
Just a note, that I have just heard that Paul S. is no longer with Anatol.

I am anxious to find out his next step, as he always seemed like one of the good guys.

Paul is a great guy. Or at least my experience with him was always great. About 2 years ago he went to work with American Screen Supply (I think that was the company).

Offline islandtees

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
I really like Paul, was great to Shelly and I when we visited while press shopping.  The one thing that Anatol never sold me on was the very issue you see here, service.  I think they have potential to build a great machine and provide great service.  But they need to work on the service.
Same here, when we were looking for our autos we didnt consider Anatol because of all the posts in different forums of very poor service. You can make a good machine but if service stinks what do you do when it goes down.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »

I think you might be thinking of Matt, he left Anatol a year and a half or more to work for a supplier. 

So Paul no longer works for Anatol...I was wondering when or if he would finally get out of there. He was the only one that I knew that still worked there.  They have had some serious turnover the last few years. I get a new sales rep calling me every few months and it doesn't sound like they have been in the industry before by chatting i
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 01:29:48 AM »
Update:  setup the modified Thunder today.   Print/test tomorrow/next day.

It appears to be greatly improved with most of the issues tackled.  What did we want to do with this thread ultimately?  We could just leave it up and I could post a new thread reviewing the new Thunder which will (hopefully, fingers crossed) not be damning like this one is so the two would balance out....or we could delete this and I make a new post.

I don't have a preference either way.   

Looking forward to posting a brief review of this press finally.  I did not do so before b/c it would have sounded like a giant bitch session instead of a review due to the many, many issues with the previous one.  This one installed properly in under an hour so I'm hopeful the review will be a thumbs up. 

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:50 AM »
I think you should leave it up...2 reasons...1 to show the power of a group like this and 2 to show how a problem is fixed...we all make mistakes but it is how you correct those mistakes is very important.

sam

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 08:33:30 AM »
i worked in the pump industry for 30+ years, it is similar to the screen printing industry in many ways as far as having a short list of movers and shakers that really make a difference in the industry.

Good guys and bad guys come and go but the merry go round ride pretty much remains the same defined by the product the comsumer gets, this applies to pumps and presses.

I have known many great guys who were throttled by bad products...... they either fixed the problems or move on to other merry go round rides.

At the end of the day what counts is the consumer and the value one gets for the money one spends. We are our own consumer protection committee the post i would think the thread should stay, after all 1549 views should send a pretty powerful message to any supplier to our industry...... it is not about people it is about products and the value of our collective wisdom because sometimes even a real good guy can't fix a bad situation.
mooseman
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:36:51 AM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.