Author Topic: Lasers  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Lasers
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
Who else uses lasers for lining up objects on press or heat press, etc. I ask because there apparently is a larger market for them then I thought. I have been building affordable units for screen printing and some other industries for a few years now and just wondering how many would be interested in them.

For screen printing I have two styles a ridged and a flex type each with four red lasers, dot, line or cross, customers choice and battery or ac powered. Custom ones can be built with almost an unlimited amount of lasers, styles and a few laser color choices.  Below are pictures of the flex style, building three right now that will go out late next week. I cant find any pictures of the ridged style but I have on on my press I can take a picture of tomorrow.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Lasers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »
That is a pretty sweet set up!! After we got our new press with lasers on it, I dread doing anything on a different press. Even if something needs to be done on the manual, I want the frickin' lasers!
I think it is one of those deals where you don't know how great they are until they are gone.

Again, I think that is a great idea. Can I ask what ballpark you are in for price? If you would rather keep that private, PM me.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 11:56:06 PM »
I'd sure as hell buy a unit as well.  Post or pm the price for that bad boy and whether or not you'd like to build a few more.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 12:16:52 AM »
Yeah I'm in for some lazer action.  Perfect solution for loading consistently when you have to throw the collar over the platen.

Offline easyscore

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »
Definitely would be interested too.

Pricing please

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 01:22:24 AM »
We use lasers, but I am ready to move to something that has more functionality than our current setup which is very home made.

I will PM you.
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 04:12:21 AM »
I was researching parts to make something like you have but that thing is sweet I'd be very interested in something like that.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »
That one is $300 out the door including shipping anywhere in the continental US. It includes the unit in the picture, power pack (battery or AC power supply) ty-wraps and self adhesive mounting pads for securing the power wire. All red lasers your choice cross, dot or line. Thirty days money back no questions asked if you are not completely satisfied, 90 day warranty on the unit. Please note the power supply (not shown in the picture) is remote mount and plugs into the left side of the unit and includes a 36" cord. 

Custom models with almost unlimited number of lasers, red, purple or green colors, mounts, etc available.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 06:01:00 AM »
Can you mount them on sharks?

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 06:17:43 AM »
Can you mount them on sharks?

I don't see why not ;)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Lasers
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 06:58:10 AM »
I have a three laser setup they are priceless to have. I would say there is a market for this for sure. I would suggest a magnet base and side so you could stick it anywhere or refit a mount as needed. That's my 2 cents, nice work.

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 07:40:12 AM »
The price point is great. Bet you could get triple that if you found a way to fit a shark! That's worth a cool 1k, back me up here Tony!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »
Mag base is a $20 up charge. Again they can be built any way someone wants and still have an attractive price point.

This is the original one I did for my press with ridged mount (please excuse how dirty the press is) but adjustable lasers. I also have the switches mounted remotely which turned out just to be an added and unnecessary expense.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 08:05:19 AM »
You are kidding about the dirty press right?

What's the best way to buy one of these bad boys?  PM?
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
are there any videos of this?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285