Author Topic: Digital print or Sublimation print? Cost, Where to get them?  (Read 969 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
I'm pretty new to the digital transfer scene and would like to ask some questions that maybe others might want to know as well.  I can see for me, it might be an answer to some walk in's for 1-6 shirts. I get a lot of those request.  we've been jobbing those out to Sthals and what not.

1 Whats the difference between a digital printer and a sublimation printer?

2 What are the price ranges of digital printers?

3 Where do you get them or show supplies them?

4 What are the different levels of quality...or what should we look for when considering a digital printer?

5 Do they require some special ink or is it only a special paper or both?

6, Average print size of these?

7, Average full imprint cost?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Digital print or Sublimation print? Cost, Where to get them?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:34:51 AM »
t-shirt forums is a good place for this; you do have to wade through some advice from the less experienced, but there is a lot of content there on this. When you say "digital printer" it would be either an ink jet or Color Laser to produce the images. I buy a fair amount of CAD PRINTZ from Transfer Express, and their CAD-PRINTZ clear. Sublimation can be either inkjet printed onto transfer paper, (I make coffee mugs this way) or it can be printed directly onto cloth, then heat set with roller heat presses. One of my neighbors does this, very impressive to see it in action. Anyway Dan, TSF is a good place for this info...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Digital print or Sublimation print? Cost, Where to get them?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »
Sublimation is polyester only and for about a grand for printer and ink, it does require sublimation ink. Conde or RPL are good sources for info and printers and supplies. I have one that will do 8.5 x14 I mainly do mugs but have done a few shirts. I don't use it much but it works great and looks great

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com