Author Topic: New Press - Coming soon!  (Read 31869 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: New Press - Coming soon!
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
Hmmm Brandt don't know what your reaching at by posting the helicopter crash, I don't think you meant anything about it, but for me being around and working with guys that fly everyday not cool at all unless that was an unman  purpose crash.

Darryl

Ugh really.  Thats what I got when I search helicopter gif.  Let's not over analyze it.
Like I said I didn't think you meant anything by it, all's good...we live close to a base and have friends that fly and we print for them...my bad

All good.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »

NOTE: this is like having a Ferrari and saying you know what could be cool...if this Ferrari could turn into a helicopter. lol

Right? Most of us are like, "wait... you can actually copy and paste SETTINGS?"

Although what would be extra cool... export to Excel and be able to edit/save jobs from a desktop...
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2014, 04:27:10 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of having nearly the whole shop process automated.

when you get to the point of having a CH3, you probably already have a CTS setup as well...

you could nearly have something like:

1. create job in job management software
2. generate screens on the CTS..
3. [manual rinseout and drying]
4. Load the job on the press (load screens + load job specs from the job management software)
   -- sets the print characteristics based on the ink/squeegee/etc...
   -- press starts a counter to track setup time.
4. integration to dryer based on previous runs of shirt color and ink type/color???
5. test print.
6. start production, keeping track of number of indexes, print speed, etc.
7. end of production.
8. keep track of clean up time.

-- add in some scales to determine ink used/etc, you could know down to the fractions of a penny what it's costing to do a print run with real #'s, even for small jobs.

with that level of automation, you could really 'blackbelt/6-sigma' your operation to the point of having REAL numbers every step of the way per job...

not sure if it would really save you a ton of money, or if it would be worth it, but with everything going computerized and networked, it's certainly not that far off of an idea long term.

[PS.  I claim royalties and copyright on the FULLY automated/fully instrumented shop concept. -- patent pending]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:32:42 PM by jvanick »

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of having nearly the whole shop process automated.

when you get to the point of having a CH3, you probably already have a CTS setup as well...

you could nearly have something like:

1. create job in job management software
2. generate screens on the CTS..
3. [manual rinseout and drying]
4. Load the job on the press (load screens + load job specs from the job management software)
   -- sets the print characteristics based on the ink/squeegee/etc...
   -- press starts a counter to track setup time.
4. integration to dryer based on previous runs of shirt color and ink type/color???
5. test print.
6. start production, keeping track of number of indexes, print speed, etc.
7. end of production.
8. keep track of clean up time.

-- add in some scales to determine ink used/etc, you could know down to the fractions of a penny what it's costing to do a print run with real #'s, even for small jobs.

with that level of automation, you could really 'blackbelt/6-sigma' your operation to the point of having REAL numbers every step of the way per job...

not sure if it would really save you a ton of money, or if it would be worth it, but with everything going computerized and networked, it's certainly not that far off of an idea long term.

[PS.  I claim royalties and copyright on the FULLY automated/fully instrumented shop concept. -- patent pending]
99 percent of this will be seen live at the A.C. show next week.
Rich Hoffman

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »
damn it Rich.. :)  LOL.

Really tho.. Hats off to you guys for pushing the 'state of the art'.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »

thanks.
Rich Hoffman

Offline CGS

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »

At the SGIA show in Oct. they had a management program running, which monitored and recorded all of the equipment they had in the booth. That was impressive, but that was 5 months ago and knowing Rich I bet there have been many updates since then. Can't wait to see what's new.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2014, 06:12:47 AM »
Pretty sure M&R has automated the entire screen making process from imaging to exposure/rinseout reclaim, coating etc. Also Wilflex and others have done the same with ink formulation and mixing.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2014, 06:44:13 AM »
The CHIIID is full of features that I just haven't either seen on other presses or others aren't talking about and I haven't even figured out all the features on this thing. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2014, 07:25:50 AM »

NOTE: this is like having a Ferrari and saying you know what could be cool...if this Ferrari could turn into a helicopter. lol

Right? Most of us are like, "wait... you can actually copy and paste SETTINGS?"

Although what would be extra cool... export to Excel and be able to edit/save jobs from a desktop...
then it's extra cool. You can save to a flash drive or a PC.
Rich Hoffman

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2014, 07:28:28 AM »
Pretty sure M&R has automated the entire screen making process from imaging to exposure/rinseout reclaim, coating etc. Also Wilflex and others have done the same with ink formulation and mixing.
That is correct Tony. We now have a U.V. Free room that will be in 5 shows this year showing all the above being done live during the show.
Rich Hoffman

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2014, 07:50:51 AM »
Since we have a booth at Surf which has "partnered up" with ISS I'll stop by in October. Will Orlando be one of them?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »
I knew that the whole screen making process has been automated, I was more thinking about integrating all the different automated processes into a single 'shop management' application.  Ala ERP for Screen Printers :)

basically, push a button/scan a barcode/etc at each step of the way...  heck if you got really cool, you could use RFID tags on the screens themselves...

I seem to remember somebody telling me a while back that they had a screen log that showed what inks, how many prints and how many reclaims were done on a particular screen by serial number.

to me more profit comes from taking variables out of the equation... you need LOTS of data to do that.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2014, 08:15:35 AM »
You certainly do. On occaision, a pitfall can be spending too much time collecting and analyzing data vs actual production. One can inhibit or get in the way of the other. Many large operations perform data collection for a set period of time and then draw conclusions as to cost asssociation and then move on.
Interesting note: at Giant Merchandising one could log on from home and track production on the night shift (per auto). Whats interesting about this is it was back in early nineties. I believe M&R discontinued the feature due to lack of popularity however it may be back.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
You certainly do. On occaision, a pitfall can be spending too much time collecting and analyzing data vs actual production. One can inhibit or get in the way of the other. Many large operations perform data collection for a set period of time and then draw conclusions as to cost asssociation and then move on.
Interesting note: at Giant Merchandising one could log on from home and track production on the night shift (per auto). Whats interesting about this is it was back in early nineties. I believe M&R discontinued the feature due to lack of popularity however it may be back.
It is back in a different format. The SGAI show in Vegas every machine in the booth including I Image ste and folding lines will be hooked up to it.
Rich Hoffman