Author Topic: Who's going to be there  (Read 2462 times)

Offline rmonks

• !!!
Who's going to be there
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:58:12 AM »
Who is going to the ISS Fort Worth show.

Me for one, going Saturday Oct 1 . Randall Monks- Walking Billboards Screen Printing

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Who's going to be there
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
I will probably have to be there on Friday, although saturday would be better for me.  We have some friends coming in from out of town on Saturday.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
wish I could, unfortunately not in the cards (again) this year.

Can somebody take some pictures of the shirts in the competition?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 11:51:37 AM »
As i recall from the last show there was a sign that said no picture taking. But one could act like he is getting a call on the cell and accidentally take some.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 12:58:43 PM »
As i recall from the last show there was a sign that said no picture taking. But one could act like he is getting a call on the cell and accidentally take some.
look up top secret camera app for iphones if you have an iphone that is....very nice for secret photo taking and video.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »
I'll be there working with Newman and my old friend George. Stop by the Stretch Devices booth and say HI!!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
And why may I ask would you want to do that?
Rich Hoffman

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »
wish I could, unfortunately not in the cards (again) this year.

Can somebody take some pictures of the shirts in the competition?

pierre

Nothing too nefarious, Pierre was hoping to see the shirts entered in the competition.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 01:55:51 PM »
On Second thought I will not , I appear to be trying to skirt the law with all my posting today. I'm actually an honest law abiding citizen.

Offline Clark

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »
Uh oh.  I guess I broke the rules videoing Rich working that can of spray tac in the world record run... ;D

Hope I'm invited back this year.

Nah..Actually I am cooking for an aTm vs. Arkie tailgate so I'll be wearing an apron and standing by the pit for 48 hours instead of going this year. :(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:47:01 PM by Clark »

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 03:09:33 PM »
Uh oh.  I guess I broke the rules videoing Rich working that can of spray tac in the world record run... ;D

Hope I'm invited back this year.

Nah..Actually I am cooking for an aTm vs. Arkie tailgate so I'll be wearing an apron and standing by the pit for 48 hours instead of going this year. :(
Anyone openly taking photo's that are harmless to the company being photo'd I have no problem with although the show people will. Taking photo's to copy someones design or product I do have a problem with. At last years SGAI show a Chinese company rented booth space so their employees could be in the show before and after hours to take photo's of our equipment. They were caught by us and thrown out of the show. They are now banned under that name but I am sure they will show up under another! Sound familiar? That should not be allowed!
Rich Hoffman

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
How much of that is paranoia?  I mean, I can remember anybody who questioned Scott F. would be accused of being a thief or of working for the competition.  The classic was the T-jet debacle.  The charts on his own site all had different numbers and when questioned about that, he would accuse everybody of working for Brother or Flexi-Jet.  It was nuts.

I am not trying to debunk your story Rich, I've just seen booths where people wanting to get to know anything about presses or equipment have their motives called out.  If I am going to drop serious coin on anything, I like to know it inside and out BEFORE the purchase.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »
We have people shoot video and photo's all the time if we know who and why. Even our factory is open to any customer to shoot anything they want as long as its not in our skunks room. I have personally told every visitor to our factory if you have a camera you are welcome to use it. No paranoia here. Just stating the facts. You are welcome to visit and bring a camera!
Rich Hoffman

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »
That is good to hear.  I imagine when you've been doing this a while, you can pick out the troublemakers...just like I can do that with customers...sometimes.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »
I agree with 244 (who ever this guy is..I know who he is)

I think copying a design, machine or any product should not be allowed in any industry. A company spends years figuring out their idea for a product. It costs thousand or even millions. Then when it goes to market and does will in a month or two there are 3 knockoffs. I hate that the court system has to be the one that judges copyright laws. It takes too long to punish these f#$ks. I think if you get caught for copying you should be done. You do it again and you’re in Jail for life.