Author Topic: Just got some Ink in from Joe at synergy Inks.  (Read 7239 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Just got some Ink in from Joe at synergy Inks.
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »
I got a 5 of white and a gallon of magic. I have to say Joe is very knowledgeable. If the ink is half as good as the customer service has been this is a winner.

I will post my findings in a week or so after I put this ink to the test.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Just got some Ink in from Joe at synergy Inks.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »
Joe was just here and after we made one change on the press we are 100% on board with his ink. I think before the changes his stuff was twice as good as anything around, and after the adjustment it doubled up again.
We had the press flooding and stroking at 100% speed (pretty scary seeing the things move so fast!) and everything was printing and flooding better than any other ink I've seen, that's at 2 times the speed we normally print! 

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:15 AM »
If you use a PC system, do yourself a favor and try his base. All I can say is this stuff is what ink is supposed to be, and acts the way ink is supposed to act. Turn up your game  with some. We've gone through 150 gallons of his base. Needless to say, I love it.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »
If you use a PC system, do yourself a favor and try his base. All I can say is this stuff is what ink is supposed to be, and acts the way ink is supposed to act. Turn up your game  with some. We've gone through 150 gallons of his base. Needless to say, I love it.

Which formula system are you using with the Synergy base and pc's?
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 08:56:08 AM »

I was going to ask the same... along with if you're noticing any color shifting when mixing from the formulas...

We use the Epic PC system here and I notice color shifting if we don't select the right base at the time of mixing (ie, 15000, Amazing, Top Score, Performance all have different 'white' characteristics and the colors will shift depending on that -- selecting the right base or having wilflex techs give us the correct mix for the color fixes all of that, and in our shop I don't think I'd want to lose the flexibility I have by calling wilflex in the morning and having a perfectly matched pantone color by afternoon).

That being said, Joe does have an additive that I may need to get a hold of to try out.

Still patiently waiting for the 'blends' white ink to try...  we don't print enough 100% cotton with plastisol to justify changing our white at this point.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
I use the Epic PC with Joe's base.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 09:15:25 AM »
Wilflex Epic PC Base here also. We were using amazing Base prior to the switch. For us it has been a seamless switch. A few things we have seen are more wet on wet abilities, faster print strokes, less squeegee force,  beautiful ink transfer. Like I said, in my mind it's a textbook ink now. For me at least. I do have to say though, we are strictly plastisol printers with pretty boring spot color work with some simprocess thrown in here and there. I cannot think of one instance where the base has been a step backwards.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »

I was going to ask the same... along with if you're noticing any color shifting when mixing from the formulas...

We use the Epic PC system here and I notice color shifting if we don't select the right base at the time of mixing (ie, 15000, Amazing, Top Score, Performance all have different 'white' characteristics and the colors will shift depending on that -- selecting the right base or having wilflex techs give us the correct mix for the color fixes all of that, and in our shop I don't think I'd want to lose the flexibility I have by calling wilflex in the morning and having a perfectly matched pantone color by afternoon).

That being said, Joe does have an additive that I may need to get a hold of to try out.

Still patiently waiting for the 'blends' white ink to try...  we don't print enough 100% cotton with plastisol to justify changing our white at this point.

Update: NexGen Poly is in Beta, we already know it prints virtually identical to NexGen Cotton, up to 700 - 900 shirts per hour, as low as 20 PSI, 1-second flash, no after tack, electron-rich surface to accept colors, 275°-330° cure. Currently we are testing the worst bleeders we can find and despite the protracted successes, we feel it would be a fools errand to rush the process. I will be certain you are aware of the launch date as soon as I have one, meanwhile thank you kindly for your patience!

With respect to MAGIC, Richard gave me your mail address. We have a single, simple chart with estimates on percentage of MAGIC added vs expected results. I will send you a copy.

JC
Joe Clarke
CPR
Home of Smilin'Jack & Synergy Inks
joeclarke@cprknowsjack.com

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »
...electron rich surface.... love that kind of talk!
Been listening to this super guy for decades.
Always deep info that sharpens those who want to hear, thanks!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 05:06:37 PM »
Joe -- looking forward to seeing the chart. Will be ordering some Magic and Base soon to try them out!

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »
Joe -- looking forward to seeing the chart. Will be ordering some Magic and Base soon to try them out!

Jason, I spoke too soon. For your records;
Mail and I will send you the chart for MAGIC.
Thank you!
JC
Joe Clarke
CPR

Offline Joe Clarke

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 09:46:49 PM »

Thank you for the kind words GaryG!
Joe Clarke
CPR

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 02:12:21 PM »
Joe is top notch all around.  The most knowledgeable person I have ever met.

If you have issues with the white, you aren't running it right!  JK/but if you have troubles just ask.  We had to re-dial in our machine because we've never been able to run white like that.  We ran our beer tap shirts with it and you can see the difference.

The poly is going to blow the doors off everyone.  People are literally going to crap when they run this stuff.  We were testing it at 30-35 psi (which is incredibly low for our Roq), running it at an 8 and one hitting the worst bleeders with amazing results. 

Make sure you try the black too!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
Joe was just here and after we made one change on the press we are 100% on board with his ink. I think before the changes his stuff was twice as good as anything around, and after the adjustment it doubled up again.
We had the press flooding and stroking at 100% speed (pretty scary seeing the things move so fast!) and everything was printing and flooding better than any other ink I've seen, that's at 2 times the speed we normally print! 

pierre

since ppl are asking behind the scenes for a clarification, the change was a physical piece of equipment, not a press adjustment! Joe asked we keep it under wraps for now so I can't share more, sorry. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 02:49:45 PM »

pierre

since ppl are asking behind the scenes for a clarification, the change was a physical piece of equipment, not a press adjustment! Joe asked we keep it under wraps for now so I can't share more, sorry. . .

pierre

Thanks for clarifying that for others.  Yes, some changes are needed to make the system work as a whole.  I just didn't want to get too in depth yet!