Author Topic: crazy hobbies . .  (Read 7836 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
crazy hobbies . .
« on: April 11, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »
since nobody else is posting anything I figure I'll get the ball rolling . . .

Who else has crazy hobbies?

one of mine

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: crazy hobbies . .
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »
or this one . . .

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:32:04 PM »
Wow. Those are some cool pictures. I remember seeing the one on your wall. The one falling out of the plane next to the same plane that you jumped out of. Thats you on the bottom right?  It's hard to see so I blew it up so it's more clear. Wow. you can actually see the expression on Pierre's face when you blow it up.

Oh, here's he pic.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »
Heres me two weeks ago. Adrenaline is a good thing.

[/img]
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »
NO sir!  Thats not you. Your an artist. you don't race.  do you?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »
Yes sir!. That is really me. I have been doing that for about 18 years off and on. I also race an off road car for a buddy of mine. I was a Crew Chief for a professional off road racing team for a couple of years as a day job before diving into screen printing. Im pretty much a gear head through and through.....lol
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »
OK, we need to hear more!!!

what are you running and fast does it go?

pierre

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 05:45:37 PM »
Right now its about a 530 cubic inch big block Chevy. Fuel injected running on alcohol. Right now the class that we run in does 8.60 seconds in the 1/4 mile at 165 mph. A few years back we had a blown big block with the same type of old school fuel injection on it and I was in the low 7s at 199 mph. Its still a sore subject because I wanted to do 200 so bad....lol Its a blast. Probably the same rush as jumping out of that plane. The acceleration is hard to explain to people. You know your going fast when you feel your insides against your rib cage when the chute gets pulled.
www.inkwerksspd.com

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »

[/img]

I think I've asked you before. If so disregard this as MY memory leaks... Do you know my buddy Jeff Utterback??? Racer, builder, drummer and all around funny guy.
Here we go ...again

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »
Right now its about a 530 cubic inch big block Chevy. Fuel injected running on alcohol. Right now the class that we run in does 8.60 seconds in the 1/4 mile at 165 mph. A few years back we had a blown big block with the same type of old school fuel injection on it and I was in the low 7s at 199 mph. Its still a sore subject because I wanted to do 200 so bad....lol Its a blast. Probably the same rush as jumping out of that plane. The acceleration is hard to explain to people. You know your going fast when you feel your insides against your rib cage when the chute gets pulled.

funny thing is, there is not much acceleration in skydiving. The plane is going 100 mph when you leave so all you are doing is converting the horizontal to vertical movement. The deceleration is another story. Try 120 to 15 in about two seconds. Pretty big jolt!

I've tried to break the 200mph skydiving, got close, but not as close as you. I'd have to check my logs, but probably right around 180. 

pierre

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »

[/img]

I think I've asked you before. If so disregard this as MY memory leaks... Do you know my buddy Jeff Utterback??? Racer, builder, drummer and all around funny guy.

My memory sucks too. I dont remember if you asked that or not. Where is he out of? This race is out of Bakersfield California. Its mostly all nostalgic race cars from the 60's and 70's era. Good group of people. I have a video somewhere of some in car footage. I will see if I can dig it up. 
www.inkwerksspd.com

Offline letteringguy

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »
So that's the Altered! Very cool! I'm finishing up this project http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327069 and then starting on our "Project Red Hat" bonneville salt flats truck! Did the skydiving with my youngest on her 18th and that rocked too! When that chute pops it definitely gets your attention!

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 03:31:47 PM »
It looks like your slicks have more pressure in them than mine did.....they also get your attention when you start decelerating and they begin to fold and buckle.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:16:26 PM by ftembroidery »
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
It looks like your slicks have more pressure in them than mine did.....they also get your attention when you start decelerating and they begin to fold and buckle.

Now thats a sweat looking car. I run about 6 1/4 psi most of the time but bumped it up to 7 psi to try and get a bounce out of it about 100 ft out. Plus the torque converter was starting to have issues so it brought my reaction times back down to comp for the lag in the converter. The wheelie bar was also set higher here than usual to get it to lift up out of the beam faster. It was all working perfect until I lost the converter off the line in the second round.
www.inkwerksspd.com

Offline FSUp Clothing

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 12:09:34 AM »
Certified Cave Diver/old washed up semi-pro paintballer