Author Topic: Frankenstorm....  (Read 2937 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Frankenstorm....
« on: October 28, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
If any one gets hit by flooding or whatever happens, let me know..i am there to help..We are in Albany ny and could always get things to you quick..

good luck

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Frankenstorm....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »
I am in southern Connecticut pretty much in the projected path. We been working our buts off for the past few days in preparation of being down for a while.  Our tree still have leaves so any substantial wind is going to knock a lot of limbs and trees down, not to mention flooding woohoo!

Sad thing is Halloween once again will be ruined for my children. Last year we had a freak snow storm andmhaloween was canceled.
"No man is an island"

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
yeah it sucks about halloween..

If you guys need any help printing or help with waterer let us know..i have an auto now so i CAN help..LOL

batten down the hatches and good luck!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »
or we could just send you guys some candy.

How about contacting your neighbors and doing it after the storm?  Maybe a couple days later to let folks clean up a bit.  That way the kids can go around and have fun.

Stay safe Mike.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
Last year they cancelled Halloween and gave a date for trick or treating unfortunately very few people got the memo so we took them to Yale for children's show instead, maybe this year will be dif. Thanks for the offer north never know what will happen in the next few days fingers crossed its all blown out of proportion. Today ct is starting shore line evacuating guess it is pretty serious.
"No man is an island"

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »
After growing up in RI and then living in FL and going through two decades of storms, including Floyd and Andrew..

I'll take that small earthquake we had this morning any day.

Good luck out there!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 05:33:46 PM »
It's getting pretty wild around here, the whole shoreline has been made mandatory evacuation. I am 12 miles from the shore so no worries there thank god. Curious tho who else here is going to be affected by this storm? Wonder how Brian blinkspot made out knowing he is in Delaware.
"No man is an island"

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 06:11:11 PM »
We are and will be fine here. Plenty of food, water, handy gen set and freshly stocked liquor cabinet (that was the first stuff picked up). Way above flood levels, house on a hill and dry basement. Little worried about the shop hardly any grade their and surrounded by fresh tilled farm land but nothing on the floor. Helped get some boats ready this morning then went to Walmart just to watch the insanity. Seriously what are you going to do with 10 lbs of evaporated milk, 20 pounds of rice, jars of olives (unless your 007) and what ever else was left on the shelf. I thought they were giving gas away at the three stations in town, the line was out on the street. Stopped at Lowes to get some stuff for the shop last night and the place was crazy.

Heavy rain now getting windy barometer falling, sea gulls in town (usually a sign snotty weather is off shore). Predicting 7-1/2" of rain over the next 72 hrs.

This will be the first storm in 25 years I will not be working on a boat or baby sitting the a yard. Kind of bored.

Ink, last time we had a Nor'easter on Halloween, 92 it was one of the worst winters on record. Just saying.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:36 PM »
I hear that noise Brian, looking to be a wild winter for sure.

You guys down there are on the west side of the hurricane which means tons and tons of rain, we are on the east side which means big winds and an insane storm surge being predicted. Our shore line is Long Island sound, the sound fills up like a bowl of water when a surge comes, the farther in the higher the surge.

I bet a lot of people on here are wondering why 70mph winds and seven to ten inches of rain is such a big deal for us. Well our trees and shorelines are not used to big storms so it does not take much for our area to turn into a major disaster from a storm you guys way south might find nothing more than a blow.
"No man is an island"

Offline beanie357

• !!!
  • Patience begets quality
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:06 AM »
We're in south jersey, so far not much to write about. We're in Cumberland county, and we are the evac area for Care May and parts of Atlantic county. Deployed radio gear Sat. To 5 shelters.Set up Sunday. Maybe 50 evacuees total by sun. Should pick up this pm. I am due back in at 8 am to eoc for my stint.

Got everything due this week out last week.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
Guys, good luck there and stay safe.
Cleveland should get a lot of rain and winds up to 60-70 miles/hour, but that is not much comparing what some of you will experience.

Stay safe.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »
We mostly expect a lot of wind and rain, about 20 miles west of Boston. One of our employees is staying home, and we may shut down around lunch if it gets too windy for our ancient windows (old New England mill building), or if we lose power. I'm hoping the folks on the coast don't get it too bad, but I'm afraid they are going to get it. We can probably help anyone in a pinch as well, as long as we have power. Hold tight...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:59 AM »
My inlaws live in Philly, they are expecting 80-90 mph winds.  The only advice I gave them was flip the trampoline over. ;)  They have dealt with enough storms before and they just had a basement waterproofing system put in...so they should be fine.

This makes me want to get a small generator for the house.

Offline dave58

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:41 AM »
I am in Western NY...not far from Lake Ontario.....we wont get the brint of the storm....like the Jersey Shore....but expect torrential rain and wind.....expect the power to go out from falling branches or trees....I hope for not too many days....I got a lot of printing to get done.
But if it does happen that way...I am sure my customers will understand....they will be without power too.
Down with Anarchy

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
My inlaws live in Philly, they are expecting 80-90 mph winds.  The only advice I gave them was flip the trampoline over. ;)  They have dealt with enough storms before and they just had a basement waterproofing system put in...so they should be fine.

This makes me want to get a small generator for the house.
After hurricanes Francis, Jean, Katrina and Wilma in a 14 month period I bought a big generator. We Went without power for 2-4 weeks for each of those storms. Most of my existing customers were very understanding. The ones that that called after the fact were no understanding.

Good luck.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?